Although it is my intention to start posting to this blog regularly, in the meantime please see some relevant blog posts / articles that I’ve written for other outlets:
- The University of Sydney Forensic Psychology lab has a blog, and I currently have two pieces up there (link here):
- Lie to me, which is on lie detection research and how to spot a liar
- False memories for a distressing event: the role of cortisol – this is a summary of, and the story behind, one of my studies from my PhD
- In Feb 2017, there was a horrible plane crash in Melbourne, Australia. I wrote a comment for the newspaper Sydney Morning Herald about possible psychological responses following trauma: Act early to stop eyewitnesses developing lasting distress
- I was interviewed about my research interests for the academic collaboration website Piirus: Let’s collaborate – Introducing Piirus member Lauren Monds
- Stay tuned: I also have two other pieces coming out in the next month or so. One is on the Scientific American Mind website on intoxicated witnesses, and one will be in The Conversation on intoxication in the health system.
I’d be interested to know your thoughts on these. I’m also happy to take requests on things people would be interested in seeing me write about.